London - where do I want to go?

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
I'm leaving for England tomorrow. I'll be in London for four days of the trip. So far I plan to go to Camden Town, Piccadilly Circus (though I have no idea what happens there), Harrod's, maybe The Tower Of London...

Any suggestions?

(Yes, yes, I've searched all over the internet. I'm asking you guys because you are of similar tastes and would probably know best.)

you're going to England??? really??? I had no idea!!! :eek:

haha, dont hit me, im only playin. :o:p

oh and I've never been to London, but I'm gonna suggestttt, hmmm, BIG BEN!

you're going to England??? really??? I had no idea!!! :eek:

haha, dont hit me, im only playin. :o:p

*doesn't hit you*

:)

I'm leaving for England tomorrow. I'll be in London for four days of the trip. So far I plan to go to Camden Town, Piccadilly Circus (though I have no idea what happens there), Harrod's, maybe The Tower Of London...

Any suggestions?

(Yes, yes, I've searched all over the internet. I'm asking you guys because you are of similar tastes and would probably know best.)
Tower Of London didn't impress me much, to be honest. London Dungens is good, and if you go to a site called last minute.com you might find they have half price tickets on there. When I went with my husband earlier in the year, they had half price tickets and it was worth every penny! We were there a good 2 hours, not bad for £10 each. You might find you have to queue up though. The Tate is worth a look too, some bits of it are free to look round, and the Victoria and Albert (V&A) and Natural History museum are free too. Worth a look!

Big Ben is attached to the Houses of Parliament, and in turn they're near the London Aquarium (I think).

Go to Camden Market. :) They have all sorts of crazy things there. And go (south)east, to see me! :D

Big Ben is attached to the Houses of Parliament, and in turn they're near the London Aquarium (I think).

Go to Camden Market. :) They have all sorts of crazy things there. And go (south)east, to see me! :D
yes, they are. The Aquarium is good, too, I think it's about £8 to get in.

*shrug* haha, i dunno. I just shouted out the first London touristy thing that came to my head!

like if someone was visiting Philly, I'd say "the Liberty Bell!!" although its boring. its just a cracked bell, and you stare at it, then leave. :cool:

I told you, Camden on a sunday;)

Notting Hill Market on a Saturday.

V&A

National Portrait gallery.

Piccadilly circus is kind of like Times square & is better at night too.

Take a walk along Waterloo, to see Big Ben.

Wardour Street.
I HATE going to Camden now, it's so bloody busy! I just can't cope with all the people! (I think I'm becomeing more antisocial with age!)

I suggest a ride on a hop-on-hop-off bus.
You can just do the whole trip and you'll be able to see all the popular sights without traveling by bus/tube or walking a whole lot. You see a lot in little time.
Then afterwards you can decide whether or not you want to go back to one of the sights.

http://www.theoriginaltour.com/
http://www.bigbustours.com/eng/london/default.aspx
yes, they're good! About £12 for a day ticket, you can get on or off as much as you like

Nothing actually happens at Piccadilly Circus. People just sit / stand around the statue of Eros and look at the big neon sign. 2 minutes later you've seen it all and you go off elsewhere!

I took my daughter last year on the London Eye - a huge big ferris wheel diagonally opposite Houses of Parliament across the river Thames. It goes round once and takes about 45 minutes.
If you book online you get cheaper tickets and also are given a time to turn up and pretty much go straight on rather than have to queue up.

Jukebox Jury

looks like a cock up:p well done kewpie...we got to blame someone:D

Something's wrong with the site, it happened to me too today. I was replying to sistasheila's thread and it appeared as an alternative thread. :confused:

Something's wrong with the site, it happened to me too today. I was replying to sistasheila's thread and it appeared as an alternative thread. :confused:
Yes, i had major problems with the site this morning! (Then i realised it was because I was still a bit drunk from last night :o )

Yes, i had major problems with the site this morning! (Then i realised it was because I was still a bit drunk from last night :o )

Okay, now I can admit that Mr Corny and I have been drinking together. :o

Any suggestions?

yeah get a train out of london ... i suggest the train to scotland from kings cross

This is great info! Thank you all so much.

*takes notes*

Here's a new question:

A few people have told me that The Tower of London is kind of a bust. Is there anywhere else I should avoid because it's a boring waste of time? Also, anywhere I should avoid because it's dodgy?

I visited Tate Modern and went to the Military Museum too. Saw the Albert and Victoria Museum and the Museum of the City of London (or something like that). Went walking to most places, saw most of the major parks too. And pubs, pubs, pubs. :D

I visited Tate Modern and went to the Military Museum too. Saw the Albert and Victoria Museum and the Museum of the City of London (or something like that). Went walking to most places, saw most of the major parks too. And pubs, pubs, pubs. :D

That brings one of my questions to mind: If one doesn't drink is it still acceptable to go to pubs for food and chat? Do they look at you funny if you don't drink? I can't drink for medical reasons. :[

Back
Top Bottom